Tim Sperry started The Tim Sperry Group in 2006, following a twenty year career in Purchasing Leadership at Whole Foods Market, offering his services to companies who sell goods in the Natural, Organic and Specialty Marketplace.
His consultancy includes the following services:
· Taking new products to market
· Natural/Specialty channel navigation strategies with a focus on Whole Foods Market
· Additional services include navigation strategies for foreign companies seeking entrance into the US market
· nonGMO and Gluten Free verification processes and support, including ingredient sourcing support
· Product review and branding strategies
· category reviews and sales strategies.
· Market overviews and opportunities for Private Equity firms
Tim began his career in the natural foods industry in 1982, joining the team at The Semple St. Food Co-op in Pittsburgh. He later ran the East End Food Co-op, also in Pittsburgh. Prior to joining Whole Foods Market, Tim worked for Wellspring Grocery in Durham and Chapel Hill, North Carolina, as part of the Management Team. Whole Foods Market acquired Wellspring in 1991 and Tim, a native New Englander, moved to Massachusetts when WFM purchased Bread & Circus in 1992. During his tenure with Whole Foods Market, Tim led the Grocery Team in one of the largest regions of the company. He participated in the expansion of WFM into Washington, D.C. and New York City, as well as London. Tim was also a key participant in the development of National Purchasing at Whole Foods.Tim served as an outside director to Mt. Vikos Specialty Foods, until its sale to Blue Marble Brands in December 2008. He currently serves as an advisory board member to Back to Nature (PE backed), Blake’s All Natural Foods and Galaxy Nutritional Foods (PE backed). Tim is also an Industry Advisor to Silverwood Partners, Investment Bankers